My husband has become fascinated by Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. I had never heard of it prior to his running across it. ASMR is a pleasurable tingling that travels across your scalp and travels down your spine. According to Reddit (not for children) these are often the triggers for ASMR:
- Slow speech patterns, accents, soft-speaking voices and whispers.
- Clicking sounds, brushing sounds, white noise, etc.
- Instructional videos
- Watching other people performing simple tasks
- Getting close, personal attention from someone (eye-exam, make-over, etc.)
- Haircuts, people playing with your hair
- Bob Ross.